Best RAM For Ryzen 7 2700x (Review & Buying Guide) in 2023
Have you recently bought a Ryzen 7 2700x processor? And now you are trying to find a compatible RAM to go with it? You have made the right call by coming here. We have reviewed the best RAM for Ryzen 7 2700x. As you may already know, Ryzen has gained popularity quickly and is competing with Intel processors.
This processor is currently the second generation and is already attracting tons of people. We have a team of professionals that test out different RAM models and make a list according to the usage and features. There are a wide variety of RAMs available in the market, due to which it can become tough to choose the one that fulfills all the requirements in your list.
The Ryzen 7 2700x is a mighty processor, but you can only enjoy its maximum performance if you pair it with compatible and fast components. The RAM is considered to be one of the essential components in it. The RAMs with higher clock speed tend to work faster and provide maximum efficiency. You can select any RAM from the list below to go well with your Ryzen processor.
With this processor, you can rest assured that you can expect maximum efficiency and productivity if you are a Graphic designer, Gamer, or editor. My team has used these different RAMs for days and concluded, after which this list was compiled. So one thing is so for sure that you won’t be disappointed whichever one you buy from here.
Best RAM for Ryzen 7 2700x
After extensive research and testing, my team and I have compiled the top 10 best RAM for Ryzen 7 2700x. We will list from the best RAM and then move on to the others. You can choose any of them that suits your requirements.
|Sr#||Model||Clock Speed||Check Price|
|1)||Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO||3600MHz||Check Price|
|2)||HyperX Fury 16GB Black XMP RAM||3400MHz||Check Price|
|3)||G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series 16 F4-3200C16D-32GTZR||3200MHz||Check Price|
|4)||Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB RAM||3200MHz||Check Price|
|5)||Patriot Viper 4 Blackout Series DDR4 16GB RAM Kit||3000MHz||Check Price|
|6)||XPG Spectrix D80 Liquid-Cooled DDR4 16GB RAM||3600MHz||Check Price|
|7)||G.Skill Flare X Series 16GB RAM||3600MHz||Check Price|
|8)||Team Group T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 32GB RAM Kit||3200MHz||Check Price|
|9)||G.SKILL Trident Z Neo Series for AMD Ryzen||3600MHz||Check Price|
|10)||G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series 16GB F4-3200C14D-16GTZR RAM||3200MHz||Check Price|
You may be wondering why Corsair vengeance has been put at the top of the list? The reason is that the ten teammates that are working with me on this project recommended this RAM. The main thing I loved about it was the iCUE system through which I was able to control the LED lights and create a soothing environment.
The Corsair vengeance has the highest clock speed with a frequency of 3600MHz which massively enhances the work capabilities. Our graphic designer became a fan of this RAM due to the work productivity he got after running those hefty applications using this RAM. While I was working, I learned that the RAM has an automatic clocking ability that enhances the performance based on the usage.
The only drawbacks that my team and I faced were the large modules built for this RAM. Some of them complained about the poor software customization. But which device doesn’t have drawbacks. The benefits indeed overpower these drawbacks and top our list of the ten best RAMs for Ryzen.
- XMP 2.0: The XMP 2.0 is an additional feature added to corsair vengeance. It has preconfigured profiles that you can choose from. It makes the RAM reliable and eases much load from you.
- Corsair iCUE: The iCUE software offers a few valuable features by which you can control the LED colors and create custom temperature alerts. You can choose a color theme and brightness of the LEDs by using the iCUE.
- Patent-pending RGB: The patent-pending RGB allows you to customize your gaming or working setup according to the theme of your liking. You can dim the lights for an excellent effect that will also enhance your working productivity.
- 3600MHz DDR4 RAM: The corsair vengeance is a type of DDR4 RAM that is one of the most efficient and fast RAMs. It comes with a clock speed of 3600MHz, so you can expect some impressive performance and speed.
- Aesthetic RGB Lighting
- Remarkable Performance
- Low Latency
- Automatic Overclocking Ability
- Poor Software Customization
- Large Modules
The HyperX Fury has all the features that you might want in RAM. My team was delighted with its exceptional performance. The only thing that my team and I decided to keep second on the list is the RGB lighting. It is kind of a personal preference. But if you don’t consider it, then the only difference between this and Corsair vengeance is the clock speed.
The HyperX Fury also has an automatic overclocking system that we tested in many different scenarios. It has passed all the tests and benchmarks. It performed exceptionally well after overclocking as many RAMs tend to show errors, but it remained stable. It has a DDR4-type memory, so we were already expecting some extraordinary performance.
The RAM comes with heat spreaders that were easily identifiable on the surface of the RAM. They effectively spread all the heat coming out of the RAM to protect all the internal components from heat damage. It has two sticks of 8Gb that I installed in the multi-channel Ryzen processor.
- Automatic Overclocking System: The HyperX Fury provides an automatic overclocking ability by which you can significantly enhance the performance of your setup. It will also decrease the latency to provide maximum efficiency.
- Heat-Spreaders: The DDR4 model of Fury comes with heat-spreaders. They matt black and are present on the surface of the RAM. They effectively spread the heat all over the components to save them from heat damage and enhance thermal performance.
- 16GB Memory with DDR4 RAM Type: The HyperX Fury comes with two 8GB RAM sticks that will fit perfectly into the Dual-channel Ryzen 2700x. The latest ones are DDR4 type so make sure you buy a new one rather than the old stocked DDR3 types RAM.
- Wide Range of Size And Speed: The RAM is available in many different sizes and speeds. You can buy a single stick of up to 64GB which will be a total of 128GB. The clock speed of this RAM ranges from 2600MHz to 3400MHz.
- Compatible with AMD and Intel Motherboards
- Robust Build Quality
- Brilliant Performance
- Lifetime Warranty and Support
- No LED lights
- The maximum speed of 2666MHz
As the list is progressing, a few features add up and a few are cut down. The G.Skill Trident Z RGB has been ranked third by my team because of the maximum clocking of 3000MHz. It didn’t have a significant amount of issues with the performance, but still, it is less than what is offered by the two above it.
As its maximum frequency, we noticed that it remained utterly stable, and that was due to the 10-layered PCB on the surface of the RAM with the specially screened ICs. It also enhances the functional capability of the RAM, due to which the lack of frequency is compensated. And then there’s the RGB lighting which is our favorite feature in every RAM.
The drawback of this RAM, as I have told you earlier as well, is that it doesn’t go past 3000MHz. We tried to overclock it over this, but it started to fail. This RAM is a bit expensive according to the features it is providing to its users. You can buy the ones above it as they are more efficient and cheaper.
- 3200MHz DDR4 RAM: The TridentZ by G.Skill has a clock speed of 3000MHz, which can be increased by overclocking, and it is a type of DDR4 RAK compatible with all AMD processors. The high clock speed provides enhanced performance.
- Aluminum Heat Spreaders: The RAM comes with Aluminum heat spreaders. They provide efficient heat dissipation so that no part of your CPU is damaged due to extra heat produced in the DDR4 RAM. It also increases the efficiency of the system.
- Maximum Signal Stability: The RAM comes with a 10-layer PCB and specially screened ICs to provide maximum signal stability. This feature also enhances the entire system’s performance, so you can also overclock it to 3200MHz.
- Impeccable Design and Build Quality: The G.Skill TridentZ has an impeccable design with an attractive RBG that you can control independently. The RAM body is made from solid material so it can stand the load and the heat generated.
- Low Latency
- Eye-catching RGB lighting
- Remarkable Performance and Looks
- Suitable for High Overclocking
- A bit expensive
- It doesn’t go beyond 3000MHz
Almost all the RAMs in this list have more or less the same features because they are used for the same purposes. The Corsair Vengeance LPX has an exceptional clocking speed of 3200MHz that we took up to 3600MHz after using some extra performance components. This RAM is highly compatible with AMD processors such as the Ryzen.
It placed in the fourth spot because of some performance issues. Our team made a unanimous decision to put all these on the list based on performance and experience. It lacked a few features, such as our favorite RGB lighting. The last RAM had a 10-layered PCB, and this one has an 8-layered one.
There was no significant drawback in the performance. It performed as expected. Only the things it lacked were the looks. I prefer visual systems, so an RGB light with excellent aesthetics is a must for me. But overall, it can be an exceptional choice. One feature that I loved was the XMP 2.0, through which I could control the performance.
- 3200MHz Clock Speed: The clock speed of both the 8GB sticks of Corsair vengeance you LPX is set to 3200MHz. This RAM is mainly designed while keeping the maximum performance that can be provided at a reasonable price.
- XMP 2.0: The XMP 2.0 feature available in this RAM offers a fast and reliable way to enhance performance and handle all the functions related to overclocking and many others.
- Overclocking Ability: The Corsair Vengeance has the brilliant overclocking ability as this device has been created keeping in mind the maximum productivity that a RAM can provide. It has black heat-spreaders to dissipate the heat equally.
- 8-layer PCB: The RAM has an 8-layered PCB for extra security and safety from any bursts or overheating of the RAM. It saves the RAM and the other parts from being overly heated and getting damaged.
- Amazing Cooling System
- Compatible with AMD Processors
- Wireless and Compact
- No RGB lights
- Mediocre esthetics
The Portrait Viper 4 is a fantastic invention by the company. At first, we would not buy this RAM, but we did after a few suggestions. And it turned out to be a great decision. The Viper 4 is no different from the others. It has the fantastic overclocking ability with an advanced GPU, but it couldn’t make it get at the top of the list.
At first glance, I saw coating on top of the RAM. An aluminum heat shield was added to protect it and other CPU parts from any potential heat damage. It has a DDR4 type of memory, due to which it outperformed the RAMs mentioned under it. These RAMs come in a kit of two 8GB sticks, but you can also buy the 32GB kit with two 16GB sticks.
The demerits of this RAM were that we tried to use it over the speed of 3000MHz, but it failed. Without an expensive GPU, you won’t have exceptional overclocking. It is best for people on a tight budget as it provides all the necessary features in less amount.
- Aluminum Heat Shield: The RAM has an aluminum covering used as a heat shield against any extra heat dissipated from the RAM or the nearby components. It enhances the thermal capacity of the RAM.
- GPU Clock Speed: According to the officials, if you use a GPU with this RAM, you can have a clock speed of 7000MHz which is superb. We tried it ourselves, and there was a significant difference.
- Available in 32GB: The RAM in the list is two sticks of 8GB each. You can also buy this RAM in 32GB with two sticks of 16GB each. The higher memory will provide better performance and efficiency m
- DDR4 Memory: The Portrait Viper 4 is a DDR4 type of memory that will provide maximum efficiency with whatever processor is used. It will have a high clocking speed as well.
- Efficient Cooling
- High-end Performance
- Remarkable Design
- No RGB Lighting
- Not Much Stable over 3000MHz
The XPG Spectrix D80 seemed to be an efficient RAM, but as the teammates decided, many high-end workers were not completely satisfied with its performance. That’s why we have added it to the number six position. It has some cool features like the Liquid-Cool Memory that you won’t see in other RAM. It keeps the RAM cool to prevent any thermal damage.
The RAM has another unique feature that has not been discussed in other models. It has an airtight seal to prevent any damage, such as cracking. It also keeps the dust away from the RAM, and it keeps on shining like a newly bought RAM. Ahh, the design. It seriously took my breath away. If it were to me completely, You would have placed it on second or third.
One thing that disappointed the workers was the mediocre latency. The processor had to work a little more because the system’s efficiency was getting down after every minute. It also doesn’t cost much, but keeping the features in mind can be an expensive choice.
- Liquid-Cool RGB Memory: The main feature of XPG Spectrix D80 is the Liquid cool technology that keeps the RAM cool. It has a liquid-filled inside with a low boiling point to keep the heat dissipation stable and efficient.
- Hermetically Sealed: The hermetic seal had been added to the RAM to make sure that it remains uncracked and untouched, whatever the situation might be. The seal protects RAM against foreign entities.
- Aesthetic Design: You might have already seen the look of this RAM, and you would agree with me that the RAM is eye-catching with the RGB lighting making it more attractive and pleasing to the eye.
- DDR4-3200: The RAM comes with a clock speed of 3200MHz, but with overclock, it can go up to 3600MHz. The tests conducted by our team show that the RAM remained stable and worked efficiently at 3600MHz.
- Fast Overclocking
- Compatible with Ryzen
- Attractive Aesthetics
- RGB LED lights available
- Normal Latency
- A bit pricey
It is another great RAM by the G.Skill. One thing I love about this company is the design of their RAMs. Every one of their products has a unique style and design but a strong body. But this time, with Flare X, they kept the outside of the body simple. We don’t know the reason quite yet, but such a move by this company would indeed indicate something.
The RAM is fast and compatible but only quick enough to land on the seventh spot. It includes a Samsung B-die chip that can boost the frequency, much like overclocking the RAM for better speed. The low voltage on this device cut down the energy expenditure by 20%. It showed how efficiently this RAM is.
After overclocking, it can go up to 3600MHz, but it didn’t remain in it for a long time as it started to show errors and destabilized. Along with the mediocre look and the high price, it demanded to be lower on the list. But it depends; if you have a budget and a liking for this RAM, you can try it out for yourself.
- Fast and Compatible: The G.Skill Flare X is one of the most immediate and most efficient DDR4 RAM that has specifically been built for the Ryzen processor to enhance its performance and efficiency. It helps them to work faster and better.
- 3200MHz Clock Speed: It has a clocking speed of 3200MHz, but you would love the excellent clocking ability. It can go up to 3600MHz in a very stable environment and enhance efficiency and performance by many folds.
- Samsung B-die Chip: The RAM has a Samsung B-die chip that boosts the frequency to a remarkably high level. This chip uses modern technology also to enhance the overclocking speed of the RAM.
- Low Voltage and Latency: It works at a very low voltage which means it takes less than 20% of the voltage compared to DDR3 RAM. It has a CAS Latency level of 14, which means it will take much less time to load files from your computer.
- 3200MHz Clock speed
- Specially designed for Ryzen processors
- Lifetime Warranty
- Low CAS Latency
- A plain exterior with no Lights
- More expensive than others
The Team Group T-Force Vulcan Z is placed in this place because of the clocking speed. The comps claim that it can work to up to 3200MHz at a stable frequency, but after our tests and trial, we found out that it could not work over 2400MHz. Our designer used it for one day and rejected it due to the low clock speed.
The outstanding features of this RAM are that it works in ultra-low voltage, which means it will take up less energy, due to which about 20% of the energy is saved. It comes with a lifetime warranty, but it will only be worth it if you use it for several years. We wanted to buy the 32GB kit but ended up ordering the 16Gb one.
One thing that team and the other users complained about was that its modules were pretty mediocre. It was continuously giving errors on the first attempt, but the issue was solved afterward. Apart from drawbacks, the RAM is thermally protected and has a stunning design that always catches the eye.
- Ulta-low Working Voltage: The T-Force Vulcan works on very low voltage, thus saving up a lot of power. According to our calculations, the low voltage saves up to 20% of the energy compared to DDR3 RAM.
- Lifetime Warranty: The RAM comes with a lifetime warranty, so if anytime in your life your RAM malfunctions, you can go to the retailer and claim your warranty. The RAM will be replaced with a new one
- Super Fast Memory Kit: The T-Force Vulcan contains two 3200MHz RAM sticks that will go inside the dual-channel of the processor and provide ultimate performance. The RAMs are 8GB each, but you can also buy the 16Gb ones.
- Affordable Price: The RAM has a price range of $100 to $120. You can buy the kit from Amazon with free shipping if you live in the USA, or else you’ll be charged a few dollars for shipping.
- Attractive Design
- Excellent Overclocking Ability
- High thermal conductive adhesive
- Supports XMP 2.0
- It doesn’t go higher than 2400MHz
- Somewhat mediocre modules
The G.Skill introduced yet another RAM in the market, but they made the grave mistake that it was only compatible with the AMD processors. That isn’t good for intel users. This reason forced us to place it on this spot, just above the last RAM on the list. Overall the RAM was exceptional if we keep performance in mind.
It has a high frequency of 3600MHz which was found after all the tests. The latency of this RAM is CL18. It is considered a bit high, but the overclocking ability of the RAM compensates for this mistake. The looks? Amazing. I always loved how G.Skill makes their RAMs look so attractive, and the TridentZ Neo is on that list.
It has a strong Aluminum body with heat spreaders all over the body that can be seen on the surface. They protect the RAM from overheating, allowing it to work more efficiently and provide the user with the best experience. I love playing games whenever I feel tired, so I tried to play a few on it, and the game was smooth and quick, and I could not find any lag.
- Overclocking Potential: Trident Z has a whooping clock speed of 3600MHz, which means an extreme overclocking ability. We tested it ourselves and got an overclocking of over 4000MHz, and that was seriously amazing.
- Dazzling Looks: The one thing that always surprises me is the look of the RAMs manufactured by G.Skill. Trident Z is no exception. You’ll be in love with the aesthetics of this RAM.
- Heat-Spreaders: The heat-spreaders are an essential feature inside a RAM. This one has prominent heat-spreaders that look stunning and go great with the look of the RAM.
- Exceptional Performance: Due to the 3600MHz clock speed and the latency of CL18, the processor, along with the RAM, will provide you with the best performance and smooth working. I have tried it myself, and I love it.
- High frequency of 3600MHz
- It has a latency of CL18
- Cool Aesthetics
- Strong Aluminum Body
- Only for AMD Ryzen
- It costs a bit much
The last RAM on our list is the G.Skill Trident Z RGB series. I would have gladly placed it on the number nine spot, but we decided not to due to a few reasons. The RAM has a Ten-layered PCB that protects it from heat and enhances performance. The RGB LEDs can be programmed and changed according to your mood and desire. I usually prefer them a bit dim because it creates a soothing and calm environment.
The RAM has a strong build with excellent aesthetics that you can surely expect from G.Skill. The company claims the frequency of the RAM to be at 3200MHz, and that’s true. We tested it on this frequency, and we were not able to find any lag or errors. It also has heat spreaders over the inside to distribute the heat over the surface to prevent heat damage. You can also overclock the RAM, but we didn’t have any luck with that.
It is placed on the end because the BIOS system inside it can be improved a bit. Plus, the dust it caught was unacceptable, especially for those who like to have an invisible CPU. Apart from this, the performance was pretty good, so you can also consider buying this one if you are a bit low on budget.
- RGB Lighting: The attractive design with the well-lit and well-placed RGB lights will up the game. You can set the lights according to your needs. These can also help you lighten up your mood.
- ICs and Ten-layered PCB: You can see that a Ten-layered PCB protects the RAM to save it from potential heat damage. It also enhances the thermal capacity and endurance of Trident Z.
- 3200MHz DDR4 RAM: The DDR4 RAM is loaded with a speed of 3200MHz which will enhance your working and gaming experience. My colleagues at work have been using this RAM for graphic designing as it provides the best performance.
- Aluminum Heat Spreaders: The RAM contains aluminum heat spreaders that dissipate the heat equally on the RAM and other components to don’t heat up after extensive usage. It also saves them from any potential heat damage.
- Tremendous Speed
- LED Lighting
- High-rated memory modules
- High Overclocking
- Not Dust Proof
- It needs to tweak the BIOS a bit
Best RAMs for Ryzen 7 2700x Buying Guide
Before buying a RAM that will do wonders along with your Ryzen processor, you need to keep a few things in mind. When we started using these different RAMs, we noticed which items are the most important, and a person buying this RAM should know all these things; that’s why I am going to tell these things here.
Make sure to read them out thoroughly, as they will help you choose the best RAM according to your requirements and budget. The RAMs in our list contain all these features. And those that didn’t have them were eliminated during the testing. Let’s dig deeper into the essential things a buyer should keep in mind while buying the Best RAM for Ryzen 7 2700x.
Type of RAM
The type of RAM is one of the most important things when purchasing it. There are four types of RAM, namely DDR1, DDR2, DDR3, AND DDR4. The fastest and most efficient ones are the DDR4 RAMs. They can enhance the performance and efficiency of your Pc by many folds.
The DDR means Dance Dance Revolution, and the DDR4 is currently ruling the market. The DDR5 is also introduced in the market, but it still has some time to gain popularity; until then, DDR4 is leading the graphs in performance and lightning-fast speed.
The Clock speed is a speed-related feature that needs to be considered while buying RAM. The RAMs out there have a wide variety of clock speeds. The officially announced clock speed that is most compatible with the Ryzen 2700x is 2933MHz.
But with a few extra changes and enhanced components, you can also use 3200MHz RAM with this processor. Speed is one of the most important factors for higher performance. The higher the clock speed will be, it means the performance will be much higher too.
Many people prefer having a clock speed of over 3000MHz as games demand more processing speed to provide the best experience. The clock speed will depend upon the work you’ll be doing on your PC.
Capacity of RAM
The Capacity of the RAM is an essential factor that should be considered carefully while buying a RAM. The PC mostly comes with 8GB RAM, sufficient to use for office or home use. But if you intent to play games on it, you need RAM with a capacity of 16GB or more.
Most of the applications for professional use or Games run efficiently on 16GB RAM. If you upgrade any higher than that, you won’t be able to identify the difference because there is no significant difference. We used 16GB RAM and 128GB RAM as well, and we observed only a slight difference between their performances.
You should keep in mind the CAS latency of the RAM or the memory chips’ timing you will buy. When we see the clock speed, we go for a higher value, but in CL, it is the opposite, as the lower, the value will be, the faster applications will run.
The CAS latency is defined as the time taken by the RAM to access certain information. It is essential to buy RAM with a low latency because the less time it takes to access the files, the faster, the application and Pc will be.
Your Budget and Pricing
Before buying anything, the first thing you see is your budget. You determine how much you can spend on a particular product, and then you start searching for products in that price range. You can buy a more expensive one if you have the proper budget.
There are also many mid-range RAM that you can buy, and they will also provide the best performance. The most compatible and fast RAMs cost around $100 to $200. They don’t cost much, so it is an excellent opportunity to buy the one that suits you because even the best of the best will only cost you a maximum of $200.
Another thing that you should consider is the RAM’s compatibility with your PC’s motherboard. Ensure that you check that the RAM you are buying is compatible with your computer’s motherboard, or else you can face some severe issues in the future. You also need to add a CPU cooler inside, so don’t try to buy tall RAM sticks.
You can ask a friend or technician to check which RAM size will be compatible with your CPU. You need to install those sticks properly in the processor and CPU, or else it won’t provide maximum productivity and performance.
Overclocking is an essential factor that many people overlook while buying the best RAM for your Ryzen processor. If you are getting a RAM that can overclock its base frequency, it will provide enhanced performance, and that is simply brilliant. You can use the same RAM for higher performance.
You can change the overclocking from the BIOS settings if your RAM supports this option. The DDR4 and DDR5 are capable of performing overclocking, but many others cannot. So make sure your RAM has this essential feature.
Memory Configuration Channel
Most of the processors usually have Quad Channel, but it has been discontinued in the Ryzen processor. This processor has a Dual channel configuration that implies that you need to add two RAM sticks to work more efficiently. You can add two 8GB RAMs to fill the dual-channel and get maximum performance.
With the advancement in technology, devices are becoming more and more efficient. But this efficiency is accompanied by more heat production. The RAM is also similar to it. The DDR4 RAMs are highly efficient, but they produce mich heat that can cause heating issues for your CPU.
The RAM kits now come with a heat spreader that evenly spreads the heat over all the components so that the one element doesn’t heat up and it remains cool. The heat spreaders enhance the thermal performance, and the chances of failure become very thin. This fantastic feature also improves the RAM’s performance.
Looks and Aesthetics
The looks and aesthetics of the RAM would matter to the people who love having an invisible setup. Many RAMs have RGB LED lights that look stunning with your Ryzen processor.
It is not a must-have feature, but then it depends upon your taste. If you want to make your PC look more exceptional, you can buy the RAM with this feature.
The reviews are most important whenever you buy something online or from a market nearby. The reviews are honest opinions from the people who have used those products and the know-how they perform. They can also define the merits and demerits of a product more efficiently.
But you can also rely on the review that we have provided in our list. We tried the RAMs for a month to determine precisely the pros and cons of each RAM so that you can make an educated decision in the end. My team and I want you to have the best because we have put in all the hard work to provide the best information.
Frequently Asked Question
After going through the guide, I know that you still have a few questions. I have gathered the top 6 questions that are asked by the majority of people. So if you have a question that matches the below ones, I hope it clears your confusion.
Are RGB LEDs a necessary feature inside the best RAM for Ryzen 7?
The RGB LEDs are a fantastic add-on in the RAMs as it increases the aesthetics of your Pc’s internal components. I have seen many people who love having a see-through CPU; if you are one of those, then surely go for the one with LED lights.
What is the maximum RAM size compatibility of the Ryzen 7 2700x?
There is no official RAM size compatibility for Ryzen. We have tried using 8Gbs of RAM to up to 128Gb RAM, and they also worked well with this fantastic processor.
Do High-Frequency kits improve the performance of your laptop?
The High-frequency kits enhance the gaming and working experience by 5 to 15%. Still, in the end, it depends upon the application and software that you are using because sometimes you won’t be able to measure or differentiate between the performance.
Is the speed of 3200MHz supported by AMD Ryzen 7 2700x processor?
Yes, the speed of 3200MHz is supported by Ryzen, but according to what we have tried and tested, it can support a maximum speed of 2933MHz. It is also officially stated that it can support 2933MHz, but with a few changes, it can also support 3200MHz.
Can I use two different RAMs from two different brands inside the same laptop?
Yes, you can use two different RAMs of two different brands, but it can cause compatibility issues and produce errors which can also decrease the efficiency and performance of your CPU. So it is highly recommended that you use the RAMs of the same brand.
How much GB of RAM is considered sufficient enough for a Gaming setup?
A RAM with a storage capacity of 16Gb is considered sufficient enough for a gaming setup. But you can go as high as 128Gbs, but it won’t enhance the performance by many folds as the game will only take up the space it requires to run efficiently.
The RAM and Processor are two essential components of a Laptop or PC. If you are using Ryzen 7 2700x processor, you should buy compatible and fast RAM to maximize its performance. You should remember your budget while purchasing the RAM as sometimes an expensive RAM will only be a bit faster than the mid-range RAM.
The PC I use has a Ryzen 2700x processor with 3000MHz RAM, and trust me; it provides the best possible performance. You can go for the Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO, as that’s precisely what I use in my setups. I use high-end software, but with this combination, I get the best results and productivity.
Due to the wide range of products available in the market, it can be pretty challenging to choose the best fit for your requirements. But with our guide, you are now well-equipped to go out in the market and make an informed purchase.